How we support our local libraries
- Funding to provide an additional sixteen hours of library staffing each week, including lunch and dinner hours at both libraries; assistance with library maintenance and upgrades; the Sunday New York Times at both libraries.
- “The Prince’s Bedtime”, a play which was presented at both libraries and the Bolinas Stinson Beach school by second grade children; a bi-lingual story time; Frances McDormand’s reading to children; and materials and refreshments for a multitude of children’s activities.
- Author readings such as Andrew Schelling reading from his biography of Jaime de Angulo, “Tracks on the Left Coast”; a tribute to our esteemed late poet, Joanne Kyger; singer-songwriter night; Asian Art Museum docent presentations at our libraries on recent exhibits; and other offerings for adults such as “True Stories” (a series in which local citizens read stories from their lives—always a delightful experience).
- Our recent annual donation to the school was used to increase the chapter books collection, and acquire blocks and Osterweiss German figures in line with the STEAM curriculum (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics).
- We underwrote a free performance by the Marin Theater Company of “The Little Mermaid” at the Bolinas Community Center to the delight of the young audience.
- We provided gratuities to docents from the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco to come to our libraries and give lectures about museum programs.
- We have supported a children’s summer theater camp and musical production.
- We continue to provide our beloved librarians, Jane Silvia and Kerry Livingston, with funds to host local author talks, book clubs, and other library-based events.